The Department of computer Engineering is committed to prepare students for professional career and higher studies by providing conducive teaching learning, entrepreneurship with leadership skills enabling them to serve the society through engineering profession.
- Recruit, train and retain excellent faculty members to mentor students.
- Build a suitable environment that encourages collaboration and rewards faculty for both teaching and research.
- To evolve methods for technological advancements and software developments to face new challenges.
To Motivate and empower the students of computer Engineering to be creative, innovative, technologically upgraded and its contribution towards high quality technical education as responsible members of society.
Program Educational Objectives
- Develop technologically sound and competent computer professionals in today’s IT centric scenario by training them in the contemporary computer engineering principles and paradigms.
- Provide students a deep insight into various cutting edge technologies & tools and thereby creating diverse career opportunities.
- Improve analytical, logical and presentation skills of the students by applying evolving technologies of computer engineering in developing effective and practical solutions to complex problems with socio economic responsibilities.
- Prepare students to take up industry internships and entrepreneurship endeavors by mentoring them to work with multidisciplinary teams and engaging them for lifelong learning in pursuit of their professional accomplishment.
Program specific outcomes
- The ability to apply standard practices and strategies in software project developments using open-ended programming environments to deliver a quality product for later on business success.
- The ability to understand, analyze and develop computer programs in the area related to algorithms, system software, multimedia, web design and networking for efficient design of computer based system of varying complexity.
- The ability to employ modern computer languages, to create platform for innovative career paths and zest for research.
- Ability to effectively apply knowledge of computing and mathematics to computer problems.
- Ability to identify, formulate & analyze appropriate problem solving strategy.
- Ability to design & implement various computers based complex systems & processes that meet the desired needs with appropriate consideration for public health, safety, cultural societal and environmental considerations.
- Ability to use computer based knowledge, methods and ability to design, implement and interpret data of the information to provide valid conclusion & results.
- Ability to adapt ever changing and upgrading techniques, methods, processes and various IT tools with an understanding of limitations.
- Ability to apply reasoning based on contextual knowledge to assess safety & legal issues related to cyber crimes.
- Ability to understand the effect of computer engineering solutions on the society and environment.
- Ability to apply ethical principles and commit to social responsibilities & professional ethics.
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a team assembled to undertake a common goal.
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical & non technical audiences.
- Ability to apply relevant tools & techniques for the project management.
- Ability to successfully pursue professional development through lifelong learning.
Prof. Ankur Sharma
Department of Computers